For policies purchased after 10 August 2016, 3:00am UTC, your World Nomads policy is provided through Zurich Insurance Group
Desculpe, essa informação está indisponível no momento. Estamos trabalhando para trazê-la para você o mais rápido possível. Customer Service phone (sales / service) 0800 761 61 61 0800-275-8585 (Hearing impaired service)
SAC - Informações & Pré-vendas 0800 761 61 61 0800 275 8585 (Deficientes Auditivos e de Fala) Opening hours (except holidays): Monday to Friday from 8h to 20h and Saturday from 8h to 18h.
Hearing impared service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Horário de funcionamento (exceto feriados): De segunda a sexta-feira das 8h às 20h e aos sábados das 8h às 18h. Deficientes Auditivos e de Fala: Atendimento disponível 24 horas por dia, 7 dias por seman.
Email: [email protected]
For policies purchased before 10 August 2016, 3:00am UTC your World Nomads policy is provided through Bupa Global
Yes, you can claim for any non-refundable travel expenses if you must cancel your trip before leaving home but only if you are cancelling for a covered reason.
Pre-Trip Cancellation coverage starts three days after you purchase your insurance and provides cover until you start your trip (your policy start date).
There’s cover for pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, tuition/course fees and tours if you can’t travel because of the following two reasons:
- you, your fellow traveller or a close relative is unexpectedly hospitalised or dies as a result of an acute serious illness or acute serious injury;
- you are declared medically unfit to travel
What you need to do if you can’t travel anymore:
- Contact your travel provider to reschedule, rebook, cancel and/or refund your expenses before you make a claim.
- When cancelling, confirm that the illness or injury that has caused you to cancel is unexpected and occurred after you had booked and/or paid for your trip and most importantly, AFTER the insurance is purchased. If not, your claim won’t be valid.
- When making a claim, you’ll need to provide evidence of the non-refundable cancellation costs incurred to support your claim.
Also be aware that any claim submitted related to pre-trip cancellation will have the €70/$100USD policy excess applied.
What’s not covered
Travel insurance is not designed to cover everything, so take the time to read the full description of cover in the Product Guide (policy wording) for the full details on what’s not covered.
Here are the main things that aren’t covered:
- There is no cover for illnesses or injuries considered ‘Pre-Existing Medical Conditions’ at the time you bought the insurance.
- you cancel only a part of the whole insured trip;
- if the cancellation is due to a change of mind, disinclination to travel, changed conditions at the destination, natural disaster, acts of terrorism, war, nuclear disaster or similar situations.
Cover for pre-trip Cancellation is not included under the policy available to permanent residents of India. Our insurer for Indian travellers, Bupa Global Travel has decided that they are no longer able to manage benefits greater than cover for Overseas Medical Expenses and Medical Evacuation/Repatriation